Monday, February 27, 2012

Steamed Rice with Potato and Baked Bean

Top view: Bowl placed on a plastic plate on top of a table mat.

I must apologize to all my blog followers. I have not posted on this blog for some time. This does not mean that I am not experimenting with new cooking or exploring exciting food joints.

Side view of  stainless steel bowl for steaming food.
I was too busy with DIY and was also involved with community issues, so much so, to the extent of losing my inspiration to blog. I love to experiment with the various ways of cooking food.

This steamed rice with potato and baked bean was an instantaneous solution to my absent-mindedness. I have forgotten to prepare ingredients for cooking on that particular day. And I was alone at home during one blazing hot afternoon.  I used half a can of baked bean, diced one potato and rinsed half a cup of rice. Dump everything, except the baked beans, into a stainless steel bowl and steam it  in a small pot for 15 minutes. Thereafter, add in the baked beans and continue steaming for another 15 minutes.
Convention pot over gas stove fire used for steaming rice.

Ingredients:
(For one serving only.)

½ cup of rice (rinse once only)
½ can of baked beans
One piece of potato, diced.
¾ cup of water
½ teaspoon of salt
Sprinkle some white pepper powder
Sprinkle a few drops of Sesame oil
½  teaspoon of soy sauce
Baked Bean and Potato

This was cooked over a conventional gas stove with high flame. After half an hour of bubbling in the pot, the yummy yummy steamed rice was ready to tame my grouching stomach.
Simple and Tasty Steamed Rice.